Dr. Michele Hoskins
C-Suite Leadership | Civic Leadership | Community Leadership | Entrepreneurial Leadership & Small Business Expert
COO ⬧ Entrepreneur ⬧ Teacher ⬧ Facilitator ⬧ Speaker
Entrepreneurial oriented senior leader seeking opportunity to lead organizations, education institutions and operations. Over 20 years of successful teaching, facilitating and educating value-driven students and collaborating with faculty in institutions of higher learning concerning the importance of education.
Areas of Expertise
- Restaurant / Adventure Park Franchisee
- Diversity & Inclusion Training
- Budget & Finance
- Teacher, Facilitator & Speaker
- Strategic Planning
- Student/Employee Engagement
- Problem Solver & Negotiator
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
Chief Operating Officer & Entrepreneur
Highly skilled and effective executive and entrepreneur leading organizations, operations and financial management functions that meet/exceed goals aligned to overall business plans.
- Responsible for the organization’s daily operations including sales, marketing, budgeting, strategic planning and recruitment.
- Leads the successful operation of the franchise and presents the business plans.
- Creates collaborative cultures that focus on owner/employee engagement, individual accountability and corporate wellness.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and interpersonal skills for effective and influential communications.
Facilitation and Teaching
Articulate and encourage an inclusive and supportive culture of change in institutions of higher education that bring positive bottom line results.
- Facilitate training incorporating progressive dialogue and best practices.
- Collaborate with faculty community, teach/counsel students and manage talent acquisition team regarding areas impacting student development, student success, career outcomes and student satisfaction.
- Facilitate the delivery of quality services for students’ co-curricular experience, graduate career development, employment assistance, student clubs and organizations, support, wellness, conduct, and complaint resolution.
- Develop and execute community and non-credit courses.
- Adjunct Business Faculty – St. Philips College.
Develop conferences and training designed to impact relationships in individuals, educational institutions, communities, and organizations.
- Manage and facilitate quality dialogue designed to improve relations and corporate wellness.
- Director for Executive leadership program, development of conferences and training to help future leaders recognize and achieve their potential
- Develop innovative communications and strength of purpose strategies for powerful and positive change.
Managed all aspects of the HR function for the organization including performance reviews, staffing, policy development, diversity & inclusion, organizational change and implementation.
- Identify, attract and hire diverse talent.
- Manage new employee orientation and on boarding process.
- Supervise and train staff and students.
- Roll out diversity & inclusion training.
- Oversee and participate in the candidate(s) interview process.
Community Service Liaison
- Conduct community and education research to develop impactful curriculum.
- Create and maintain alliances and partnerships with community leaders to further community goals.
- Directs, plans and develops a variety of community development and organizing activities.
- Recruited presenters and guest speakers, and worked with diverse individuals and organizations to create community events for targeted populations.
- Responsible for event planning, negotiating hotel contracts and meeting spaces.
- Lead and/or participate in community problem-solving and strategic planning.
- Identifies and resolves service gaps and barriers.
United Way of San Antonio – Masters Leadership Program
February 2021 – Present
St. Philips College, San Antonio Texas
Adjunct Faculty – Business (On-line)
January 2020 – Present
H2LaunchSA, LLC Urban Air Adventure Park Franchisee
July 2017 – February 2021
P&M Hoskins Enterprises, LLC., San Antonio
Vice President/Owner & Chief Operating Officer
2004 – Present
Maricopa Community College District, Tempe, AZ
Director, Student Services, Chandler-Gilbert Community College
Director, National Institute for Leadership Development, Phoenix Community College
Director, Community Services and Non-Credit Offerings, Phoenix Community College
Community Education and Non-credit Instructor
Human Resources Specialist, District Office
1989 – 2004
PhD, Organizational Management, Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ (anticipated graduation Summer 2021)
ABD, Organizational Management & Leadership, Capella University,
Masters of Arts, Educational Leadership, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
Award Winning Motivational Speaker
Woman of the Year – National Association of Professional Women (2016-2017)
Alamo Heights Chamber of Commerce, Member
Women’s Global Connection
The 100 Club
Austin-San Antonio Black McDonald’s Owner Operators Association, Secretary
South San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, Member
Greater San Antonio McDonald’s People, Lead
McDonald’s Women Owner Operators Network (WON), Member
National Black McDonald’s Owner Operators, Member
Bibleo-Tech, Board Member
Children’s Chorus of San Antonio, Board Member
National Association of Professional Women, NAPW
The DoSeum, Sponsor & Member
Southside High School Football, Sponsor
Ronald McDonald House Future Achievers Scholarship Program
Communities in Schools Project Stuff the Bus
LIFT Fund, Board Member
Ministry, Speaker & Mentor
Licensed Minister, First Institutional Baptist Church, Phoenix, AZ
Our Lady of the Lake University, Board Member
United Community of San Antonio (formerly Council of Christians and Jews) Board Chair
AGAPE Christian Church, Member and Marriage Ministry & Small Group Facilitator